Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Setting up the booth

Recently I have been very busy with setting up the booth. I never realized how much time it would take to do this, however once I have it set up the way I want it I hope that it takes less time to just keep it stocked. I just finished painting a bookcase that I am putting in my booth and both my children helped me do so. My business was actually named after my five-year-old daughter and she loves that she is part of the business. I love that I am able to use my small business to teach my children and to become closer to them. They love to help me paint, and my daughter loves to make tags for my items with my cricut machine. They also go with me to the shop while I bring more items in or change things around. Bringing them to the shop is not my favorite part of them "helping" me.


Here is a picture of my bookcase set up in my home waiting to be taken to the booth tomorrow morning. It was supposed to go today but life happened. Life is such a blessing even when it doesn't go your way. God always has a better plan then I do. :) Here are some close ups of my bookcase.






I love how God provides for us through this business as well as guides me. One time I went to a meeting for a new homeschool co-op that I wanted to join. When I got there I realized that I needed to make a payment that I forgot about. When I was sitting in the meeting worrying about where I was going to get the money from, an item in my Etsy shop sold for the exact amount I needed and my phone beeped to let me know about it like it does with each sale. At that moment I knew that God wanted me to join the co-op and we have all been very blessed by doing so.

This weekend I was once again amazed at how wonderful God is to us. I have started to run a bit low on inventory to take over to the shop since items have been selling faster than I expected :) and I knew I needed to restock, however I needed to spend the weekend with my family instead of going out shopping. God knew what I needed for the business, and he brought the items I needed right up to my front door. Almost. Read my last post if you haven't already. You can see the vintage goodies that God provided.

“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!"
Luke 12:27-28

2 comments:

  1. What great stories!! I love the way you store your goodies for the shop...Mine are just piled up in the garage and it makes it hard to know what i have!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you today via the Blogging Buddies site. Hope the move to the booth was accomplished successfully. Notice the old sewing machine! Great to see it. Will happily follow your blog, if you'd do the same for me? It can be found at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com and I write about how I make, mend and otherwise create stuffed animal toys, which in turn can be seen at my shop at www.coldhamcuddlies.etsy.com. Hope to see you there and all comments would be much appreciated too.

    ReplyDelete